Thursday, February 15, 2018

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream - Discontinued



I am a CC cream kinda gal! On days where full on makeup is not required, I would slab on my CC cream, eye brows and some blusher and I am out the door. I love it for the convenience and light coverage.

And as you can see from the state of the product, this Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream is well-loved! And for a 40ml product it lasted me more than 6 months.



A throwback pic of a haul I had back in 2017 when I got my second tube of the CC Cream.

This product has SPF 30/PA+++ which gives sufficient coverage against sun damage for daily use. CC Creams are supposedly makeup but I love that they have skincare properties as well! It also contains hyaluronic acid, which provides hydrating properties and boosts skin elasticity. Clinique claims that the more you use the better your skin to be.

 The first time I got introduced to this product was when I was in the UK, where the weather is exceptionally dry. Nowadays back in Malaysia, I still wear this everyday to work and on off-duty days when I do not wear foundation.I have oily combination skin and this product works well with my skin.

As CC Creams are part skincare part makeup, I would not go on to say that the light coverage is a down point of this CC Cream. I have sun spots on my skin and the CC Cream does not cover all of the sun spots. I would say this is a light coverage but evens out your skin tome and gives you a 'your skin but better' effect.

One thing I notice though is that this product tend to oxidise, especially after you sweat. So if you get a exact colour match, once you sweat your face will end up slightly darker than your neck LOL.

Very much enjoy this product on me and would highly recommend getting a lighter shade than your skin colour to combat the potential oxidation. :)

I will not be purchasing my third tube after this one because SADLY IT HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED. :( So this shall be a tribute post to a product well-loved. You will be missed!



With all the love,
Kxin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Smashbox + VLADA Petal Metal Highlighter in Glided Rose

  One day I got a notification from the Sephora App on my phone that a new product came in. It was the Smashbox + VLADA Petal Metal H...